JEvents 1.4

Pre-installation questions

Postby aberto2k » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:18 pm

Hello,

I'm currently starting the groundwork for migrating our static site to a bi-lingual, Joomla1.5-CMS based site so that some of my colleagues can make updates to the site without having to rely on me.

Some background: We provide a variety of engineering services, including training and we also are resellers of engineering software (mathcad, pro/E, etc) - http://www.brt-solutions.com

Also note: I'm new to Joomla and CMS web development - I took a break from web-design in 1999 to become an industrial designer, in 2006 I re-designed the website above. I'm old school - but I'm learning fast - so be kind.

I want to use JEvents along with DT Register to handle our free Seminar/Webinar registration & scheduling- while at the same time handling the scheduling/registration/payments for our Training courses.

I understand that JEvents is powerfull and can do many things - but I'm unlcear about wither or not it can do the following:

1. Set up a calendar for training that can only be viewed/edited by my-self and the Training Director - visitors would only see a listing of training courses for that particualt location/month (similar to what's on our site now) with no calendar view (if I can't and have to deal with a Calendar view I'll do so - so it's not a deal killer)

2. Same as above - but for Seminars/Webinars and only access for me.

3. On the demo site I noticed a list of events - is it possible to add a picture along side the text?

4. Since this is a bi-lingual site - how well does JEvents work with Joomfish?

5. I'm developing the site in Joomla1.5 for a launch before/during August - which version of JEvents should I use?

I'd appreciate any help/insights you may have.

Thank you,

Alex
aberto2k

Return to JEvents 1.4