JEvents 1.4

Multiple Calendars displaying on same site?

Postby pashadowops » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:59 pm

Hi, Nube here...I have a boy scout website that I am currently using your calendar on (wonderful component btw). The troop has multiple patrols within it. What I wanted to do was have a calendar for the troop events and an individual calendar for each of the three patrols. Is this possible? Still kind of new to Joomla! and all these excellent extensions so I don't know if that is even possible but, if it were how would I be able to accomplish this? Thanks in advance for your help.

Oh BTW I'm running jevents 1.4.3 on Joomla 1.5.3 in legacy mode.
pashadowops

Postby pauldrijs » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:45 pm

I have just posted a response to a similar question titled "Parent Categories", see same response pasted below. Hope it helps. Each troop equivelent to a team.

I am not certain I understand what you mean by "parent category" but I think I am achieving something similar for my site and it may help you.

I have one calendar for my whole football club (similar to your church). But each team (similar to your departments) has a set of calander categories associated with it
eg.
Under 13s TEAM TRAINING category
Under 13s TEAM LEAGUE MATCH
Under 13s TEAM CUP MATCH

Similar categories exist for each team
Under 12s TEAM TRAINING category
Under 12s TEAM LEAGUE MATCH
Under 12s TEAM CUP MATCH

Each team (department) is able to see just the categories associated with that team by setting the Jevents parameters in the associated Menu Item "basic parameters" to be set of parameters associated with that team (see the backend Menu Manager menu item associated with your department).

To see all events for all teams (departments) you simply have a Jevents menu item with no categories listed in the Basic Parameters and that then shows all events.

This seems to work and I do not have "parent categories".

My site is at http://www.oxfordbluebirds.co.uk to see what I mean.

Good luck

Paul.
pauldrijs

Postby pashadowops » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:17 pm

PERFECT!!!!! That appears to be exactly what I'm looking to do. I'll post back when I've finished with it. Thanks so much!!! :D

Awesome!!!! that worked. The site is still in development but here's how I did it.... http://www.patroop41.org

Almost done with it.
pashadowops

Return to JEvents 1.4