JEvents 1.4

Editing tooltip

Postby nene » Fri May 22, 2009 6:27 pm

Hello. I am running v1.4.3 RC2 of jEvents. This is, because I am stuck with a host which for some reason doesn't upgrade to PHP5, so I can't use the newer version. So I would appreiciate some help although I am not running the newest version.

Here is the problem. I would like to display the Location field and category name in the tooltip. Now, I already successfully removed some stuff from the tooltip which I don't use. I was editing file events_calendar_cell.php. But it seems I have to little experiance in PHP to add the info I want. :) I found some functions and variables in other files, but I can't get that info to display.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
nene

Postby cms_topsites » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:40 pm

Add the code below to line 235 of events_calendar_cell.php, which should be the line before "$cellString .= '<hr />'"

Code: Select all
 if ($rows[$i]->adresse_info <> "") $cellString .= '<br>Location: '. $rows[$i]->adresse_info; $cellString .= "<br> Category Name: ". mosEventsHTML::getCategoryName($rows[$i]->catid);

Let me know if that works or not
CMS TopSites
Lets Affiliates automatically trade links with your Joomla / Mambo site and more...
View project and Demo at http://9zr.net/
Also get free games and more at http://romszone.com
cms_topsites

Postby amathew » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:42 pm

Dear Sir,
Thanks for the post to the previous questioner.
I have a similar problem.
I need the tool tip to show the actual event description.Not just the start and stop time.But the whole description.
Also I want the description to be more than 255 Chars.At least a 1000 characters.

Can this be done with Jevents 1.4.3?
If so ..please help me.I am using 1.4.3 which is available for download and I am using a component which writes directly to Jevents and this works only with 1.4.3.
Best Regards
Mathew
amathew

Return to JEvents 1.4