JEvents 1.4

Can't change the title length

Postby jedburdick » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:02 pm

Hi,

I love the component... I am using it with DT register, but I have been unable to change the title length (either manually or with admin setting). Our titles are sometimes very long. I have done A LOT of searching related to this topic. I changed a few lines in "events.html.php" line 63:

Code: Select all
// [mic] if title is too long, cut 'em for display
$tmpTitle = $title;
if( strlen( $title ) >= $cfg->get('com_calCutTitle')){
$tmpTitle = substr( $title, 0, $cfg->get('com_calCutTitle')) . ' ...';
} ?>

doesn't work for me. I have tried allowing more characters in the admin field too... still cuts off at 100 chars. I have not been able to find "100" in any of the event docs... so it makes me think it's a Db entry...

I dunno i'm stumped, I would greatly appreciate any help. I am running joomla 1.5.3, in Legacy mode. jEvents 1.4.3

Any help???
jedburdick

Postby jedburdick » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:36 pm

No one has run into this? The title length in the admin settings seem to have NO EFFECT...

can anyone help me with this?

thanks in advance

Jed
jedburdick

Postby AlanHumphrey » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:32 am

what view are you trying to affect? the setting in admin works for me. Although, interestingly, my copy of events.html.php is different than yours - it has the truncation value hard coded.
AlanHumphrey

Return to JEvents 1.4