JEvents 1.4

failed upon install

Postby jbeiter » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:48 pm

I'm trying to install jevents 1.4 on joomla 1.5.9. I did not see any install tips/instructions so I just installed all of the components/mods/etc.. for this version found at joomlacode for jevents.

The files installed fine but when I go to configure the component, I add my email address, save the config, and I get this browser error:

Redirect Loop
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

When I return to the admin menu, I get a scrolling error that I need to add an email address to the events configuration... rinse, repeat.

I tried un-installing everything related to jevents, and just installed the component. Same results.

css and config are both writable... Plenty of disk space.. karma is good... ? Is jevents broken with 1.5.9 joomla?
jbeiter

Postby jbeiter » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:40 pm

well since 1.4.2 appears to be FUBAR and nobody seems to be driving the bus here in the forums, can anyone recommend an alternate solution for a event calender that works better?

I've been in this business too long to try the beta release on a customer site.
jbeiter

Postby AlanHumphrey » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:40 am

According to this page:

http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/jevents/

Jevents 1.4.2 and J! 1.5 don't go together. You need 1.4.3.
AlanHumphrey

Return to JEvents 1.4