JEvents 1.4

export jevents tables - import to new database- trouble

Postby igirisjin » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:12 pm

Update 2
Installed 1.5 beta on old site and migrated - everything ok. Didnt work on the new site with data still not showing on 1.4.3rc2.
Also tried exporting old site 1.5 beta jevents to new site 1.5beta database but still doesn't show anything.

All the data is there in the database. But on checking the events in admin I found that all of them are set to stop publishing. Tried publishing but the publish date for all past events is the last event date - will not show on the calendar.
When I tried to edit an event the dates are set to 1969:12:31 and times are scrambled characters. The actual data doesn't even display in WYSIWYG editor - not even the title which is shown in the event listing.


All I want to do is make a clean copy from one 'old' joomla database to a 'new' joomla database - Didn't think it would be so much trouble (neither 1.43rc or 1.5beta will work).




I read this topic but not much help....viewtopic.php?f=9&t=643
I wanted to set up a clean joomla site but transfer 2 years worth of events but nothing is showing up in admin or frontend.
joomla 1.5.9 and jevents 1.4.3rc2 from 1.4.3SVN in older site.

data shows up in phpmyadmin tables as imported but nothing visible front or backend - nothing to publish.
are there any particular export setting needed to get it right?

i just exported sql file for :
jos_events
jos_events_categories

drawing a blank
andy

Update 1...

Updated my old site to 1.4.3rc2 (fine) and tried export/import of jevents tables to the new site database - still nothing. even deleting tables in new joomla database and importing tables from the old site. no luck...

Update 2
installed 1.5 beta on old site and migrated - everything ok. didnt work on the new site with data still not showing on 1.4.3rc2.
also tried exporting old site 1.5 beta jevents to new site 1.5beta database but still doesnt show anything.

All the data is there in the database. But on checking the events in admin I found that all of them are set to stop publishing. Tried publishing but the publish date for all past events is the last event date - will not show on the calendar.
When I tried to edit an event the dates are set to 1969:12:31 and times are scrambled characters. The actual data doesn't even display in WYSIWYG editor - not even the title which is shown in the event listing.
igirisjin
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:58 pm

Postby AlanHumphrey » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:56 am

How are you doing your database import/export? From your update 2 it sounds like your date and time fields aren't being handled correctly.
AlanHumphrey
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:19 pm

Postby igirisjin » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:25 pm

Import /export wasn't the problem.... it took me a while to find the answer but not from this site or 'Event Calendar' people.

Problem is that category IDs that are stored in another field entry - other than the calendar events entries. They are stored in Joomla categories and need to be copied into the new installation Joomla categories. Problem is that if you revise your system and the categories have changed there could be a clash - same category ID. I took the easy way for me and deleted categories (weblinks) with the same ID as my calendar categories. After I had to make the weblinks categories again (getting new IDs). Fortunately is wasn't much work.
So ... exporting the Joomla categories field and editing out others so that only the calendar categories remain, then importing into the new installation works fine.
Andy


Original answer message:

I ran into the exact same problem as you did. Note that you have to use JEvent 1.4.3 beta to be able to run under Joomla! 1.5 compatibility mode.

It took me another white night to find out where JEvents stores its information - you would guess that it's all in jos_events and jos_events_categories, but not so!

The categories are stored in jos_categories (replace jos_ with your own table prefix), and if your restore of that table doesn't include the com_events data, nothing shows up in the JEvent admin interface, nor in the calendar modules.

I had a truncated version of jos_categories, because I did a database back-up and restore first and then installed the JEvent component version 1.4.2 afterwords. That of course didn't work, so I had to uninstal the 1.4.2 component again (whoops, good-bye JEvents data in jos_categories). When I installed the 1.5.3 beta and only imported the jos_events and jos_events_categories tables from the old site, I still missed the vital data in jos_categories.

In short: Get the data from your old jos_categories:
Code:
SELECT * from 'yourdatabase.jos_categories' where section='com_events'

You can do this through the phpMyAdmin interface, exporting a complete export of that table, then delete everything else than the com_events data from your export file - and insert the result into your new jos_categories.

You might even be as lucky as I was, not having messed around with much else, so I could just remove the content from the new jos_categories and re-do my import of that table.

Hope this helps.

/Per Hertz
igirisjin
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:58 pm


Return to JEvents 1.4

  • Who is online
  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered and 0 hidden (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 94 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:33 am
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users