1. White Page or Error Message 'Out of Memory'
If you encounter problems installing JEvents as a normal component please the following
Possible solution 0 : Try the tar.gz package instead of the larger zip package.
Possible solution 1 : installing from a directory.
1. Unzip the JEvents package on your local computer
2. Upload the unzipped file to a temporary folder on your server e.g. /home/user/httpdocs/tmp/jevents/
3. Go to the Joomla install page and type the full path where you uploaded the files in the directory
4. Click "Install" next to this path
Possible solution 2 : Enable FTP mode
1. Go to Joomla config page and enable FTP mode
Possible solution 3 : Increase the php memory in Joomla
Look at the php info tab of the Joomla system info from help menu in backend of your site. Search for "memory_limit" - if this is less than 16M the increase this to 24M (say).
You can do this via your php.ini, .htaccess or using this little plugin http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... rvers/8287
2. Missing Menu Item in Backend of Joomla
Some users have seen installations where the JEvents menu item is not visible in the backend of Joomla. If this occurs you could try this script - upload to the root of your installation, make sure you are logged in to the backend of your site as the root super user and then run it as http://www.YOURDOMAIN.com/cleanInstall.php. Hopefully this will restore your missing menu item.
If you get other errors during install you could try running the script as http://www.YOURDOMAIN.com/cleanInstall.php?cleanup=1 , this will remove some database references to JEvents in the extensions, assets and menu - you could then try re-installing.